Saturday, May 30, 2009

Listener

Episode 5: Listener

Richard & Kahlan wind up saving this boy who has the power to read people's thoughts. They try to return him to his family, but have a hard time finding them. Therefore, they must look after the boy and make sure Darken Rahl's men don't get their hands on him.

This episode is full of cute moments where you're like "aww, Richard & Kahlan should so have children someday!"


Unfortunately, the kid is super bratty. So bratty even Richard has enough and feels forced to tie his hands. Kahlan freaks out and tells Richard never to do this. Richard is kind of confused. He'll find out later why she freaked out.


The kid also provides some funny moments as he can read their thoughts. He uses this to blackmail Richard.

Listen, we're not stopping to pick blackberries and hunt pheasant.
Then I guess I'll have to tell her about the secret you've been keeping from her
I don't have any secrets from Kahlan.
I'm a listener- do you think there's anything you can hide from me? How would you like her to know what you think about when you look at her?



I love how exasperated Richard & Kahlan get, especially Richard. It's pretty hilarious that Richard has to deal with someone much brattier than himself, lol!




Because of the kid, Richard winds up getting injured. The kid apologizes and Kahlan tries to make him feel better. Eventually, the kid reveals that Kahlan had a similar childhood as him. I love how Richard is concerned and wants to know about Kahlan's past, he's so sweet.

We made them do such terrible things. And if we tried not to, he would---
Tie you up, bind your hands.
That's why you didn't want me---why didn't you just use your power against him?
Because he was her father.




I love how Richard stares at Kahlan because he's in love with her. He's probably thinking, "I wish I could hold her close."

Why haven't you told her what you feel about her?
It's complicated. You'll understand when you get older.
It's not that complicated. You're just scared she doesn't feel the same way. But you don't have to be scared. She feels the same way you do.





Okay, I love this scene. I love how Richard actually gets teary-eyed when the kid reveals that Kahlan feels the same way he does. I love that Kahlan wakes up and sings to the kid and Richard is all amazed and in love. Bridget Regan has a lovely singing voice.

So, somehow, they find this shady man who is bratty kid's father and he claims he loves him.
R & K get bad vibes but bratty kid tells them that his father is telling the truth. But in actuality, the father wants to sell him and bratty kid lied so that R & K wouldn't get in anymore trouble because of him.
Luckily, R & K trust their feelings and race after him.



I love Kahlan & Richard's death stares to bratty kid's father. If R & K ever have kids- they will be so bad ass.


Group hug!


R & K take kid to stay with a secret group who look after kids with special powers (they're the ones that took care of Kahlan and her sister and saved them from their evil father).


Tell him what you feel about him. It'll be okay.

Awww!



Well, if we ever get to be parents, I guess we will have had some practice.


I love how Richard just blurts this out, thinking of having a family with kahlan, but then realizes what he said.
For some reason this totally gutted me when he said this. Sigh, star-crossed love!




I love the last picture with them side by side. They're perfect for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment